[ale] OT: mourning the end of an uptime...

Sid Lane jakes.dad at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 11:42:42 EST 2006

actually we are normally quite dilligent with security patches.

this was the last of our Sun boxes and ran (well, I guess still runs) a
minor one-off product that was written buy a guy who moved to England in
'01.  basically it's a "don't touch it because nobody knows how to fix it"
box.  I've had it in my queue for a while to replace what it does with a
couple of "evil PERL scripts" but it's never made it to the top of the
list.

maybe I'll actually get around to it now since the humor value of the old
box's uptime is gone...