[ale] Finding desktops, laptops and hardware in Atlanat

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Mar 13 13:02:06 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 12:32 -0500, Geoffrey wrote:

> I do know that you can not take a version of oem XP from a new computer
> and install it on a different computer.  It knows what hardware it is
> supposed to be on and will not install.

Sorry for the confusion. This process is ONLY for an office full of
(nearly) identical systems.

Plus it is not an installation. It is a disk copy (sort of).

Due to the way M$ changed it's installation process with the security
code and registration code, this will only work with bulk license
systems anyway as they all use the same key.

http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>