[ale] Finding desktops, laptops and hardware in Atlanat

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Mar 13 09:35:44 EST 2006

Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> On Monday 13 March 2006 08:16, Geoffrey wrote:
> | 1. if it's oem, you must transfer it with the computer it came with.
> | 2. if it's boxed set, you must remove it from any computers you have it
> on.
> |
> | Personally, I disagree with #1, but that's M$'s take on it.
>
> When did the Evil Empire (TM) change its policies.  I certainly have
> read enough M$ EULAS and every one I have read specified that the OS
> was NOT transferable in any way, shape, or form.

EULA for retail version of XP, from M$ website:

13. SOFTWARE TRANSFER. Internal. You may move the Software to a
different Workstation Computer. After the transfer, you must completely
remove the Software from the former Workstation Computer. Transfer to
Third Party. The initial user of the Software may make a one-time
permanent transfer of this EULA and Software to another end user,
provided the initial user retains no copies of the Software. This
transfer must include all of the Software (including all component
parts, the media and printed materials, any upgrades, this EULA, and, if
applicable, the Certificate of Authenticity). The transfer may not be an
indirect transfer, such as a consignment. Prior to the transfer, the end
user receiving the Software must agree to all the EULA terms.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/eula.mspx

Can't seem to locate a version of the OEM EULA right now...

--
Until later, Geoffrey