[ale] Atlanta school converted to Linux by PTA

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 12 20:59:32 EST 2006

I was thinking the school could purchase a single license for the latest VMware workstation.  Then, the individual thinclients could run the vmplayer.  That gives the performance of vmware for the least cost.  Virtualizing the hardware for the and winxp images saves tons of time later.  Since they have heterogenous hardware it would make sense to zero in on what Xen and vmware could provide to simplify maintenance.   It isn't practical to lose 3D accel if the native hardware supports it, but I bet most of the hardware doesn't so if Xen won't work then VMware surely would for virtualization.  Do the Nvidia or ATI drivers work when using Xen?  That is something I don't have experience with.
Dow