[ale] any sql-ledger users out there?

Jim Philips briarpatchkid at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 12 13:43:50 EST 2006

I've been trying to give it a test run. but so far, getting through the
administration page has been a total nightmare. I can create the main user
"sql-ledger" and create a dataset on the admin pages. If I go to login as the
user "sql-ledger" all I get is "Access Denied". If I go back to the admin
pages and try to update the password for sql-ledger, I get:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to
complete your request.

If I check the log for PostgreSQL, I see:

ERROR:  relation "employee" does not exist
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
ERROR:  database "sql-ledger" already exists
WARNING:  changing return type of function del_yearend from "opaque" to
"trigger"
WARNING:  changing return type of function del_department from "opaque" to
"trigger"
WARNING:  changing return type of function del_customer from "opaque" to
"trigger"
WARNING:  changing return type of function del_vendor from "opaque" to
"trigger"
WARNING:  changing return type of function del_exchangerate from "opaque" to
"trigger"
WARNING:  changing return type of function check_inventory from "opaque" to
"trigger"
WARNING:  changing return type of function check_department from "opaque" to
"trigger"
WARNING:  changing return type of function del_recurring from "opaque" to
"trigger"

Apparently no database has been created. But that step is not covered well in
the Install document. I have tried to reach the sql-ledger mailing list, but
my e-mails there seem to go off into the ether (an e-mail from 1 PM yesterday
hasn't shown up yet).