[ale] wine error, "cannot open AVI", HUH ?

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Sat Mar 11 14:55:20 EST 2006

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 02:31:26PM -0500, Courtney Thomas wrote:
> Being even more inept in MSwinders, what does
>
> 	'cannot open AVI'
>
> mean, please ?

AVI is Microsoft's legacy video format.

> Also, even more importantly, how do I avoid this error and run the program ?
>
> I'm trying to run a Setup.exe for a science program, designLab.

Setup.exe is probably a self-extractor, and I'd say that the extractor
is having path issues.  Are there any files on the designLab CD and/or
in the distribution that end in either .avi or .AVI?

Also, have you checked the WINE application compatibility database?

http://appdb.winehq.org/