[ale] continuing SoundBlaster install problem....

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Fri Mar 3 18:55:40 EST 2006

On Friday 03 March 2006 18:22, H. A. Story wrote:

| Could it be you are looking for alsaconf and alsamixer?? ? alsactrl will
| save nd restore the setting. ?and the file you may have been looking for
| is /etc/modules.conf. ? At least that is how is works under Slackware. ?
| Or at least I should type it did work until I screwed with it.

I had much the same problem. Found the GUI solution (I run KDE
on an FC3 box) with Main Menu > sound and video > Kmix. Had to run the
input sliders all the way up for Volume, Line, Cd, and Phone Out; on the
Output tab be sure the slider for Speaker is all the way up.
Now IANAGeek, so I have no idea what configuration file is being rewritten
by the GUI app.

Bottom line; this fixed the volume problem. For me at least.

Sean