[ale] Three hard drives in two drive bays?

Benjie benjie.godfrey at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 10:07:42 EST 2006

California PC (calpc.com) makes a 3 drive  chassis that will fit into 2 half
height drive bays, but it is only for SCA drives.   I have seen similar 3
drive cages for SATA drives, but I haven't had any experience with them.  I
think you should be able to accomplish what you are attempting with 5.25 to
3.5 inch drive rails.  You should be able to find these at Fry's or
Microcenter.  ( they are the cheap ( $4-5) brass colored metal rails.

Benjie

On 3/2/06, Mike Harrison <meuon at geeklabs.com> wrote:

> > Does anyone know of anyone who sells a bracket that will allow me to
> > fit three standard-size hard drives into a two drive-bay space? I've
> > seen hot swap cages for this, but I really don't need hot swap, I
> > just want to be able to fit three drives plus a CD-ROM into the three
> > drive bays I have.
>
> Think about the heat.. you NEED some airspace/airflow around those.
>
> And I used Double-Stick Tape last time I didn't care about the heat. :)

"We should all have a healthy fear of Oprah!"
Aaron McGruder