[ale] continuing SoundBlaster install problem....

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Mar 2 21:31:50 EST 2006

I can't recall the name of the app. But I ran into this a long time ago.
There is a "default" sound setting stored in /etc/<mumble foo settings>
that is accessed with a commandline tool similar to amixer. Senility has
firmly griped that neuron, alas. That tool set the baseline sound levels
that everything else stated with. I ran into this using FC 1-2 on a
thinkpad.

If I think of this, I'll add more.