[ale] OT: Firefox can't print to LJ4, IE can

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Thu Mar 2 16:52:19 EST 2006

On Thu March 2 2006 4:41 pm, Joe Knapka wrote:
> I just tried to print a web page (Google) from Firefox,
> and what came out of the printer (LaserJet 4M/Plus) was
> a single page with the text: "This job requires more
> memory than is available in this printer". I then opened
> the same exact URL with IE (on the same machine, an
> XP Pro box), and printed it successfully.
>
> WTF is going on here?

good luck!
I had problems printing from Firefox also. I tracked my issue to... a
printer driver. I reinstalled my printer and firefox printed to that
one. Is firefox using the same cups/printer_driver as IE???
If you want to mess with firefox, start firefox and do this in the URL:
about:config

then search for printer.  I changed all mine to kprinter, I think it
was printer:printer:command or something like that?
you also might check and see if there are newer PPD files you can add
to your database.. I just this week installed the hpofficejet package,
to get my hpofficejet 5610 working as a scanner and a printer.
you might check out this section:
http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/hpoj-0.91/doc/

--
Paul Cartwright