[ale] JavaScript book recommendations?

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Thu Mar 2 15:59:24 EST 2006

> there. Most of 'em seem aimed at people who need help with counted loops and
> case statements.  Anyone had to pick up JavaScript from a coding background?
> Maybe there's a book like Dive Into Python ( http://diveintopython.org/ ) on

Go to www.backupbrain.com  - Tom and Dori's blog.
On the right hand side of the blog, you'll see links to
Javascript for the WWW. Click and buy through Amazon, and they'll get
a little extra from affiliate points as well as their being the author of
the book. Which is dog-eared and well loved on my desk. From the book,
you'll also find links to the sample code (updated often) so you can cut
and paste while learning. It's a good book, not high-magic, but solid
cross-platform/browser essentials.