[ale] continuing SoundBlaster install problem....

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Mar 2 06:36:48 EST 2006

I believe your problem is not hardware or jumper settings,
but software... specifically the "mixer" controls and the master
volume setting.

Look in the default programs for your desktop under "Multimedia".
You should find something called Gmix or Kmix or Audio Mixer.
There may also be a mixer applet under "Applets \ Multimedia".
Any one of these should allow you to set the output volume for
your Soundblaster card.

HTH!
peace
aaron