[ale] New Ubuntu

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Jun 27 14:32:28 EDT 2006

Brian Pitts wrote:
> Steve Brown <braino420 at ...> writes:
>
>> I just stumbled across this today. Looks like there is another Ubuntu in the
> works with Enlightenment 17 as the window manager.
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EbuntuIt says the packages are ready, anyone gonna try
> it out?
>
> I tried E17 on Breezy using Shadoi's repository
> (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=79155). For the amount of eye
> candy it had, it was very responsive on my aging laptop. As pre-alpha software,
> E17 still felt very rough around the edges.

I'm running CVS version from about a week ago.  I've been running e17 on
my primary desktop machine.  Some of us just have to live on the edge...

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin