[ale] ubuntu gnome desktop overlay

KingBahamut gwosbahamut at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 12:18:08 EDT 2006

Tsk tsk, your running openbox not as an overlay , but openbox as a window
manager alone. While you can do this and get it to run properly , its alot
easier to install it , start gnome and then replace metacity with openbox.

On 6/26/06, Paul Cartwright <paul_tbot at pcartwright.com> wrote:

> On Mon June 26 2006 9:10 am, KingBahamut wrote:
> > Anything is configureable. hehe......
> Ar, Ar, ar...
> yeah, BUT... when I installed openbox, and started a new session ( in
> SUSE 10.0) with the openbox window manager, it came up NOW, but I
> thought it was just the blue screen, waiting for all the windows to
> draw.... nothing happened.... THEN, I did a right-click and found my
> menus of suse-applications,etc... no system tray, no icons on the
> desktop, BLANK, NADA...
> you want ANYTHING you need to configure it. At least gnome & KDE come
> with trays & icons...
>
> --
> Paul Cartwright
> Registered Linux user # 367800

KingBahamut
http://doc.gwos.org - Definitive Ubuntu Documentation
"I could tell you the probability, but you wouldnt like it."