[ale] RAIDS ARE NICE WHEN THEY WORK.

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Jun 23 09:31:51 EDT 2006

When I used SCO full time it had AFS (Acer Fast File System).

Looking at a legacy SCO system I have here divvy shows it has:

EAFS for boot and HTFS for root, u, u10 and u20.

I'd concur that you can't recover hardware RAID to software RAID.  The
latter would have extra overhead on the disks themselves whereas the
former likely kept track of the RAID config within the controller with
other information on the disks as well.

If you could find a replacement for the controller though you might be
able to recover the HW RAID assuming the disks themselves had not been
impacted.

If you have tape and the ability to create a software RAID I'd certainly
think that would be the fasted way to recover.