[ale] Unable to print certain PDFs

J. D. jdonline at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 08:53:07 EDT 2006

On 6/19/06, Scott Castaline <hscast at charter.net> wrote:

> Running SuSE 10.1 with hplip-0.9.11, I cannot print the first page of my
> bank statement. This has been going on since 9.3 and earlier versions of
> hplip. I can print the statement starting from page 2 to end, but cannot
> print page 1 by itself or with the whole PDF file. Watching the status
> from HP Toolbox it indicates that the printer received the job and that
> it printed it. This is a networked printer on its own jetdirect
> interface. I have no problem with any other PDFs or print jobs. I also
> seem to remember being able to print from other distros. Any idea why it
> seems to be only SuSE and just this one source?

Hey Scott,

    I have had problems printing PDF's as well and it usually centered
around the pages that contain the graphics/pictures. Geoffrey suggested I
set the Postscript level to 3 on the print options menu and it took care of
the problem. I had the issue on multiple distro's and various jet direct hp
printers.

HTH,

J. D.