[ale] Linux Sys Admin needed

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Thu Jun 15 13:12:39 EDT 2006

On Thu June 15 2006 1:00 pm, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> All good points. ?Unfortunately Atlanta is no more a bike friendly
> city than it is a mass-transit city. ?Those are things that are
> designed into the city's infrastructure over decades and
> unfortunately Atlanta (and the surrounding suburbs) never seem to
> have elected leaders who can see further then their next election.
> ?It's sad, but it's true.

DC has the same type matra trains, called Metro there. They had ( when
I left in 1991) over 115 miles of tracks for the subway, about 5
different rail lines. If this was DC, the marta would be all the way
out to Kennesaw. Rockdale county not only doesn't have buses, you have
to drive 20 miles to get to the nearest marta train station. Of course
in DC it was $7 round trip every day, back then.. You get what you pay
for, and I see Mr. Campbell is going to pay :)

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800