[ale] Linux Sys Admin needed

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 12:38:24 EDT 2006

Heh. Saw a guy biking down Ponce near the Avondale MARTA station with his
helmet on backwards yesterday. Notta mention the Genius I saw a couple weeks
back coming home at 9 pm. He was riding -- helmetless and lightless -- down
the left side of Clarendon Avenue (near Avondale Estates). I spoke to him,
and that's when I realized he was also drunk.

Actually, I think the real problemo with the ATL and bicyclists is neither
the idiot drivers nor the idiot bicyclists. They're in plentiful supply all
over this great land.  It's the street furniture and the traffic engineers'
willful ignorance of anyone not actually driving a Great American
Gas-Guzzling Death Chariot. In some cases (e.g. Mclendon Avenue between
Little 5 Points and Murray Hill Avenue) they've actually succeeded in making
it worse for everyone. In others (e.g fifth street at West Peachtree St),
they've provided a 'bicycle lane' which is actually more hazardous than
riding with car traffic.

-- CHS
( ALWAYS stops at traffic lights. Takes the Lane only when necessary.
Striving to be a courteous and safe rider)