[ale] Linux Sys Admin needed

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Jun 15 08:38:34 EDT 2006

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Thu June 15 2006 8:16 am, Geoffrey wrote:
>> When was the last time you made the drive?  I don't think you can
>> get anywhere in Atlanta in 30 minutes, particularly at rush hour.
>>  When is that?  From 5:00 am to 4:59 am every day.
>
> I flew out Friday the 2nd and Friday the 9th. I left home about 5:30
> and caught an 8 am flight. I had booked the 9-ISH flight but got there
> in time to catch the earlier one..

The key was the 5:30 departure time.  I know I embelished a bit, but
traffic is a nightmare in Atlanta.

> Coming home during NON-rush hour times is not a problem. 85 north to
> 316, to Athens, north around the loop...

Agreed, but that's about 2 hours a day. :)

> I can pretty much nail it at 1 1/2 hours. I can also go the back way
> through Jefferson, up 129 to 85 at mile marker 137(Pendergrass), then
> 60 miles down 85.

Still, 1.5 hours in a car, ouch.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin