[ale] Fedora Core network install?

Tim Meanor timothy at meanor.net
Wed Jun 14 08:07:48 EDT 2006

Sure.  Just download the boot.iso image from one of the mirror sites
(e.g. http://mirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os/
images/boot.iso), burn it, and boot off it.  At the prompt, type
"linux askmethod" to begin the linux installation.  At some point it
will ask you the source for your installation.  Choose http.  Then it
will ask you for the web server and directory.  Plug in the name of a
web server that has the fedora software (e.g. mirror.linux.duke.edu)
and the directory (e.g. /pub/fedora/linux/core/5/i386/os).  At this
point it should begin the normal install.

-Tim