[ale] Size does count.

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Mon Jun 12 13:41:35 EDT 2006

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, Vernard Martin wrote:

> I'm thinking about upgrading my linux desktop. The current one is a 1Ghz
> Athlon with 1GB of ram and 20GB hard drive (I have my music collection
<<snip>>
> So what other options are out there? Are the Epia based machines fast
> enough for desktop use? Anyone found anything that might tempt me?

I've got an epia based machine myself. I've had a challenge getting the
hardware support going, but I think it is now possible to do without
leaping through more hoops than I've even managed to leap through. If your
desktop use is somewhat light, I'd expect an epia to make a fine desktop.
I suspect it will run out of steam if you start to hammer it, however.

How's that for a properly wishy-washy response? 8-/ Truthfully, I'd expect
it to work for many people. YMMV.

If you think Education is expensive
Try Ignorance
                   Author Unknown