[ale] OT: Craig Newmark of Craig's List on Net Neutrality

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jun 12 08:29:24 EDT 2006

Jim Popovitch wrote:

> Is that FUD?  Where do you see that this is the issue that broadband
> providers are concerned with?

Do you really think they'll stop at simply prompting you to go to
another site?  Come on, look at television.  There's not a channel out
there that doesn't have pop up commercials during the shows now.  It was
bad enough when the commercials interupted the shows, now they're
running during them.

I agree with Jim Philips, if this is pushed through, it's only the
start.  What do we do when we attempt to go to the Red Hat or Mandriva
site, and get a pop up telling us we can get Microsoft Vista and we're
redirected to that site?

Or, you're downloading Slackware and inspite of your 8M pipe, it's
taking days to download.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin