[ale] OT: Craig Newmark of Craig's List on Net Neutrality

J. D. jdonline at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 01:11:53 EDT 2006

  >On the other hand: for all everyone gripes about the USPS, they do a

> >great job delivering mail. For a measly $.39 I can ship a letter from my
> >mailbox to anyone in the US in under a week. In most cases, I can get it
> >from Atlanta to LA in about 2 days. But they do have a faster,
> >guaranteed service that costs much more as it gets special handling at
> >tracking. That's pretty cool. There are even private firms that can get
> >a package delivered even faster at a much higher rate.

Well after some digging around and reading your post I'm nearly doing a 180
on this one.
Thanks for the enlightening analogy. I am feeling a little better about it
now. ;)
I am okay with QoS if that is what we are ultimately talking about and it is
an important
part of networking performance. The word "blocking" that I have seen
floating around
does scare me though and I'm hoping it was just being used in a sensational
fashion.
 I may do a little more digging that but the blog below indicates that the
FCC has fines of up to $500,000 for blocking traffic.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=243

Best regards,

J. D.