[ale] gkrellm

Sean Kilpatrick drifter at oppositelock.org
Fri Jun 9 10:10:19 EDT 2006

On Thursday 08 June 2006 18:44, Geoffrey wrote:
| Did you run sensors-detect?

No, I hadn't.  Never heard of it. :)

So I did.  Worked my way through it (as root) and am
left with a question or two.

At the end of running <sensors-detect> I had this on the
screen:

----------------- <begin copied data> ------------------------------

To load everything that is needed, add this to some /etc/rc* file:

#----cut here----
# I2C adapter drivers
modprobe i2c-i801
modprobe i2c-isa
# I2C chip drivers
modprobe adm1025
modprobe eeprom
modprobe smsc47m1
# sleep 2 # optional
/usr/bin/sensors -s # recommended
#----cut here----

WARNING! If you have some things built into your kernel, the list above
will contain too many modules. Skip the appropriate ones! You really should
try these commands right now to make sure everything is working properly.
Monitoring programs won't work until it's done.

---------------------- <end copied data> ------------------------------

In /etc (and ignoring the links) I have three rc* files:
rc
rc.local
rc.sysinit

rc handles start/stop for runlevel changes;
rc.local has only one line: "touch /var/lock/subsys/local";
rc.init appears to handle part of the boot process.

So I have no clue where to put those modprobe lines.
This is a FC3 box.

I tried running the listed modprobe commands and all were
probed but smsc47ml, which was "not found."

Further clues would be most gratefully received.

Sean