[ale] server virtualization

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 7 01:17:37 EDT 2006

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> That said, the vmware esx server does what you're trying to do (albeit
> for a large chunk of change).

Perhaps I overstated, or understated, or mis-stated.... hmmm
(obfuscated?)  ;-)  all I want to do is have periodic access to a very
simple RH9 development environment from within a Debian host system.  I
don't need all the things that VMWare brings
(USB/Display/CDRom/Sound/etc).  I currently do this sort of thing with
VMWare player on my laptop, but this needs to be hosted and accessed
periodically (not necessarily running 100%) to do dev/test work.  VMWare
seems overkill for this.

-Jim P.