[ale] transfer of user accounts

Benjie benjie.godfrey at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 11:03:42 EDT 2006

You should be able to use rsync with ssh i.e. "rsync -e ssh -av
source_directory user at new_machine:/new_directory."  If the two
computers are on a secure local network I would perform this as root,
and that should preserve the uid, gid, and permissions.  Of course,
the uid and gid info are only preserved if they are they same on both
systems, otherwise you will see their number values.

Benjie