[ale] OT: Comcast

Jay Finch retief at larp.com
Tue Jun 6 10:53:14 EDT 2006

I'm also an exception (I believe) because I had extremely good service
with Bellsouth's DSL when I had it as well.

ANd the last time I had it (back in Oct/Nov 2005) they gave you a free
Static IP if you were signed up for their "Ultra" DSL service level.

The biggest disadvantage is that you are required by them to have Phone
Service with Bellsouth in order to qualify for DSL - So that was an
additional $30/month (Basic line: $17.95 + fees and taxes) .. Terribly
annoying, and one of the reasons I switched to Cable.

Hope that helps!
Jay