[ale] OT: Comcast

aaron aaron at pd.org
Tue Jun 6 10:39:21 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 06 June 2006 02:03, Cliff Free wrote:
> Am I the only one who HASN'T seen problems w/ Comcast over the last
> several weeks?

Not at all. Been consistently solid here since install ~2yrs. back. The very
few outages have usually been measured in minutes, a few hours at most.
Speed has always seemed to be in specs, though I'll admit that I don't
formally benchmark or monitor Ul/Dl speeds very often.

Compared to constant drops and crippled delivery speed experiences with
DSL on my area's Hell South monopoly wires & systems, I don't really have
much choice but to use Comcast. Still, that being the case, I can't make any
legitimate complaints about the HSI delivery to date.

Of course, I still get to harp on them for their corporape monopoly corruption
and failure to allow fair market service providers to lease the pipes. ;-)

peace
aaron