[ale] Kubuntu Dapper -- New KDE :)

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Fri Jun 2 10:00:33 EDT 2006

On Thursday 01 June 2006 10:56 pm, Steve Brown wrote:
>On Thursday 01 June 2006 04:40 pm, Paul Cartwright wrote:
>>using azureus I am hanging around 7.0kB/s with 4 seeds & 40 peers..

> No way man, I've never gotten speeds that low on a Linux distro torrent,
> especially not a newly released one. I just tried it, and instanly I get
> 100 KBps. There are probably more seeders now, but you might want to
> check that your firewall and router are allowing those ports thru. I
> don't remember how to select specific ports in azureus; I usually use
> BitTornado. But the default ports are 6880-6889, if I remember right.

When I started last night around 9:30 (i386 DVD) Torrent checker showed a
total of 75 seeds and 975 peers. It is normal to be connected to far less
than the total, and never actually be swapping with more than about 10 at
once. I show about 80 connected and only uploading to 6 at the moment.
(Fineshed at 5:01 A.M. and seeding at 40 KB/s)

I was also hitting peaks of around 100 KB/s before I left for work. Too
tired to figure my avgrage speed. And *way* too tired to burn & install...
--
William