[ale] Need a big external drive quick. Suggestions?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 20:35:33 EDT 2006

Frankly, I would dump the USB idea and use a network (NAS/SAN)
device/drive.  You can pick up a cheap NAS (enclosure + bios etc) for
less than $100 at Microcenter or Frys.  Throw your hard drive in that
and get your data backed up much faster.

Even better, pop the top and drop the second drive in it if you can
spare some downtime.

-Jim P.