[ale] Show of Hands: Ubuntu Group

Barlow, Jim D jim.d.barlow at intel.com
Thu Jun 1 15:02:14 EDT 2006

I'm in the torrent for 6.06 as we type.

I would like to join the Ubuntu meeting.

FYI, I first ran across Ubuntu at the Red Cross.    As a die-hard Gentoo
guy, I was impressed with how fast one could bring up a viable unbuntu
system.   It started off as a quick way to replace a crappy windows DHCP
and bootp server to image notebooks for Katrina / Rita shelters, but
grew in use from there.

While I still LOVE the Gentoo's ability to never have to re-install
because of libraries, I sure have liked Kubuntu  for ease of install on
my "low on compile resources" ancient laptop.

- Jim