[ale] Mac switcher ... to Ubuntu

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Jul 28 09:43:13 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 08:38 -0400, Eric VanWieren wrote:

> I could go on, but what I am interested in is putting Linux straight
> onto my mac that I have now. For all my searching, I have not read
> about any of the pains that anyone has had to go through in order to
> put Ubuntu or Fedora on a MacbookPro. Unfortunately, due to work, I
> cannot afford to be without my laptop for 2 weeks while I try to work
> out all of the bugs of installing linux on my mac.
>
> Enough said.
>
> Eric

If you have the funds, get a used, off lease Thinkpad and put Linux on
it. I have loaded Yellowdog numerous times on my ibook. It runs. But the
power management is a disaster. Granted, I haven't tried it in over a
year. I expect it has improved.

If Yellowdog fixes it so I can turn OFF the annoying throbbing light on
the front that says "I'm sleeping. See how F$%KING _CUTE_ I am" I will
wipe OSX in a heartbeat...

http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>