[ale] Ubuntu 6.06 Install Problems

Raylynn Knight audilover at speedfactory.net
Thu Jul 27 23:34:04 EDT 2006

One for you Ubuntu gurus -

I have an Ubuntu 6.06 Install DVD.  I have attempted multiple installs
on a system and the install halts (locks up) at exactly the same point
with every attempt.  Installing system is at 83% with the message
Configuring system locales.  The mouse and keyboard are both
non-responsive.  I've tried installing with the noapic nolapic boot
options and behaviour is identical.

Google search and browsing the Ubuntu forums doesn't provide
enlightenment.  This box was running FC 3 previously with no known
problems.