[ale] Useradd Replacement or Upgrade

Bob Kruger bkruger at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 26 15:50:55 EDT 2006

In using Slackware 10.x, I've noticed that I can still not use the "useradd" command to add a new user with a period in their login.  I can manually edit the passwd and shadow files to get new users with a period in the username started, but that is a bit cumbersome and tedious.

Does anyone know of a replacement for useradd or possibly and upgrade that allows you to add new users that have a period in the username?  I would prefer source code, but if there is a working binary already compiled, great.

V/r

Bob