[ale] Linux Server distros

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 23 01:58:25 EDT 2006

Dude! Ubuntu Server Rocks! I d/l'ed and successfully installed it in
less time than it took to research other distros.  My main problems have
been AMD64 support, Nvidia nForce 4, RAID+LVM, Linksys GigE support, and
VMware support.  Ubuntu 6 correctly identified everything and didn't
have a single glitch.  The other distros I tried required required
multiple install attempts, reboots, etc., and usually resulted in driver
errors or kernel cores.  I've been a long time Debian fan, so using
Ubuntu is easy for me, I just wish I had looked at it a month ago
instead of today... er tonight... er this AM. ;-)

Thanks KingBahamut, yours was the best advice I got this week.

-Jim P.