[ale] yahoo IM problems

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Jul 22 23:17:37 EDT 2006

Kenneth W Cochran wrote:

> Yahoo Messenger, as well as their mail, appears to be down.
> Looks to me like it's their authentication server(s).
> The problem appears to be widespread, if not universal.
> If you go to their website & check in the "ask" section there
> is some "chatter" about it with (some) saying the problem
> should be fixed by 12pm CDT Sunday.  So far I haven't seen
> any announcements from Yahoo though.  :(

Thanks for the heads up.  I guess it was good exercise to rebuild it and
revisit the docs and website. :)  Along with a little practice with
ethereal... :)

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin