[ale] ASUS P5MT question

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 12:05:37 EDT 2006

Are you using the official ATi Linux driver or the one that comes with
Xorg? I am RMAing a drive today because of the POS ATi driver. I made
the mistaking of believe the changelog when it said "fixed hang-up
issues" and installing the new version (ditching the Xorg driver). As
was the case with the previous version, it caused my SuSE 10.1 machine
to stop responding once the damn screensaver kicked in. I had to hard
reset the machine and in doing so acquired a few hundred bad sectors
and some drive seek errors on my the main drive.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59