[ale] OT: Go Vote!

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Jul 19 21:09:17 EDT 2006

Yes but they didn't retract about AT&T and guess who Bellsouth is in the
process of merging with?  If Bellsouth doesn't destroy your records
before the merger (and they won't) then they'll be under AT&T's setup.
AT&T announced a new policy in which they basically claim to OWN your
data and therefore can do whatever they wish with it.  By the way
Cingular is made up of AT&T (formerly SBC wireless) and Cingular (which
oddly enough had just purchased the erstwhile AT&T wireless last year.
This means if you had SBC, AT&T, Cingular or Bellsouth it will all be
AT&T in the near future and it is THAT AT&T that sent out the new policy
in reaction to the story.

AT&T reminds me of T2 - no matter how it gets blown apart it just
reassembles itself...