[ale] OT: Go Vote!

Jay Finch retief at larp.com
Wed Jul 19 20:21:27 EDT 2006

Not sure if you knew this, but *USA Today* retracted that story on June
30th:
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2006/06/26/daily46.html?from_rss=1

  USA TODAY retracts BellSouth/NSA story

      Atlanta Business Chronicle - June 30, 2006

USA TODAY has retracted a May news story in which it accused *BellSouth
Corp.* <http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/gen/BellSouth_Corp_1174.html>
and other telecommunications companies of participating in a National
Security Agency
<http://www.bizjournals.com/search/bin/search?q=%22National%20Security%20Agency%22&t=atlanta>
surveillance program.

USA TODAY claimed in a news story in May that Atlanta-based BellSouth
(NYSE: BLS), Verizon Wireless
<http://www.bizjournals.com/search/bin/search?q=%22Verizon%20Wireless%22&t=atlanta>,
*Sprint Nextel Corp.*
<http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/gen/Sprint_Nextel_Corp_290596.html>
(NYSE: S) and *AT&T Inc.*
<http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/gen/AT&T_Inc_318879.html> (NYSE: T)
had been participating in a NSA surveillance program since after the
Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Following the story, BellSouth quickly
sought a retraction from the McLean, Va.-based newspaper. BellSouth and
the other telecoms were soon after hit with class-action suits
<http://atlanta.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2006/06/12/newscolumn3.html>
from customers following the USA TODAY story.

But it doesn't matter to me anyway - the government brainscanners won't
get through my tinfoil skullcap.  I'll bounce the rays back up to their
Mind Control Satellites, and let them control the Alien Overlord Xenu.
;-)   (I won't play in their little Illuminati games. heh)

Cheers!
Jay

PS - Please regard the last paragraph as humor.  Your Mileage May Vary.
Please, try the veal.  30-second Warranty not included.  Beware of the
Leopard.