[ale] Serial & Console

Brandon Colbert colbert.brandon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 14:04:52 EDT 2006

Hey everybody. Hope everyone is well. I have not post here in awhile.

I am working on a Cyclades system that allows me to setup serial connection
via ethernet.

I have the server setup so that I can see the server boot through serial and
console. My problem is that I can only choose which one is the main place to
display the kernel messages.

I want to see the services start and stop through local console and serial.

Here is want I have.

GRUB:
default=0

timeout=5

splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz

serial --unit=0 --speed=57600 --word=8 --parity=no --stop=1 terminal
--timeout=1
0 serial
console
title Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES (2.6.9-34.EL)

        root
(hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-34.EL ro root=LABEL=/1 selinux=0
console=ttyS0,576
00n8
console=tty0
        initrd /initrd-2.6.9-34.EL.img

INITTAB:
# Allows Serial
Console
co:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty ttyS0 57600 vt100

Can anyone help?