[ale] OT: Go Vote!

aaron aaron at pd.org
Tue Jul 18 16:39:55 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 18 July 2006 11:44, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Don't forget to go vote today.
>
> Aaron, please wait until 9PM to tell us who we should have voted for. ;-)
> -Jim P.

Thanks for the reminder, Mr. P, but I already voted by absentee ballot.

Though it's far from the perfect choice due to the unprotected chain of
custody, voting by absentee ballot at least provides some physical evidence
of my intent, and paper evidence is a lot more effort to manipulate or
destroy than the invisible electro-chads inside a Diebold box. :-)

In fact, my whole family and most of my friends are voting absentee this year,
since Georgia's restrictions of sworn cause for doing so were recently lifted
under HB 529. The repub-lie-cons of the 2006 Georgia Assembly eased absentee
ballot requirements as a sideline item of their partisan, phony ID Jim Crow
legislation that was designed to steal the right to vote from over 670,000
legitimate U.S. citizens in our State, almost exclusively targeting the
elderly, rural, poor and minority demographics. The reason for the added
attention to absentee ballots is that the broken chain of custody makes them
a greatly favored method for repub-lie-con vote fraud - mail in ballots
provide them with much better opportunities to forge, destroy and, most
importantly, to buy votes. Coupled with numerous, documented
disenfranchisement schemes like the fraudulent Choice Point felon lists of
Florida 2000 and selective destruction of tens of thousands absentee and
provisional ballots in Ohio 2004, the methods behind their theft of our
government over the past few elections are clear.

Their most recent, and perhaps most heinous, documented voter
disenfranchisement scheme targets the minority and ethnic service people
among our patriotic military personnel now occupying Iraq or stationed
elsewhere overseas. The repub-lie-cons send letters marked "do not forward"
to their State side addresses and when the letters are returned, they use
them to get the minority person's name removed from the voter registration
list by claiming that their address is invalid. By the time a minority
service person learns that their right to vote has been stolen by treasonous
repub-lie-con thugs, it is usually too late to get their ballot delivered and
counted. In all cases, it is always a great hardship for them to correct
their corrupted voter registration records from the other side of the world.

I think all this demonstrates that repub-lie-con partisans hate democracy
almost as much as they hate our troops, hate our freedom and hate the U.S.
Constitution. They are clearly never conservative in their unethical and
immoral actions, especially when it comes to terrorizing the populace,
generating hate, attacking our civil liberties and undermining our rights.

In any case, Mr. P, I would never presume to tell anyone who to vote for.  If
your right to vote hasn't yet been stolen by partisan thugs or nullified by
zero evidence electronic election systems, you should vote for whomever you
believe is going to honor every citizen's right to vote by upholding the U.S.
Constitution in vigilant protection of all the human rights and civil
liberties it guarantees to every citizen.

peace
aaron