[ale] Newbee needing help #6

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 18 12:36:11 EDT 2006

James,

I couldn't be any further from being irritated. I'm not in the least.

I only associate with about 6000 people who send their email from their
email addresses which are first (full) name dot last name @ whatever dot
com. Of those that I know personally, I know 95% of them by their
informal names, some by their nicknames. Not many of them go by their
formal name. I'm sorry if I've offended you, but that wasn't my intent.

The biggest problem with these boxes is that you can't see the person at
the other end of the wire, nor see their body language, etc. It's a
common problem with email and chatrooms.

My problem was the poor response to a newbie's questions. That's all. I
guess I'm odd, but I expect people to be courteous and welcoming to a
newbie, just like I expect them to be courteous to anyone else. It's
just a southern thing. Some of the guys on here that know me will
confirm that I'm not a spring chicken, and when I was growing up, it was
pounded into us that you treat people with respect and courtesy, until
they prove that they are not worthy of it.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Dan