[ale] ASUS P5MT question

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 16 01:42:08 EDT 2006

System will POST.  Has one 80GB IDE PATA drive in legacy PATA controller slot as primary boot drive.  Has secondary DVDRW on that same controller.  Has no SATA drives plugged into onboard ICH7R controller slots.  Has a 3ware 8port 9550SX Raid with 7 SATA WD400YR drives in RAID 5 with 6 in the RAID and one hot spare.  The system went thru the SUSE 10.1 net install just fine.  It partitioned the PATA drive and built filesystems on the PATA and RAID drives.  I had previously used the 3ware BIOS manager to create the RAID and initialize it.  When the suse installer rebooted to start the system I got a continuous beep from the motherboard and no boot.  Same thing happens when I try a cold boot.  I can get into the Setup or the 3ware BIOS manager just fine.  I think I need to get the ICH7R into a legacy mode, but not sure how to pick the options precisely.  Thanks for any advice!
Dow

No sig.