[ale] [Slightly OT] Weird request...

fd0man™—The Magical Floppy Man fd0man at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 00:57:58 EDT 2006

I just got finished setting up an e-mail server with antivirus and spam
filtering and the like, and I want to give it a good test run to see
what it will (and will not) let through.  I have tested it with
"testing" viruses such as EICAR, but I want to know that it is going to
catch *real* viruses and filter them out as it should.

Is there any way to do that?  I have had no luck finding any sort of
collection or anything that can be used for testing such things, and I
can understand that given the large potential for misuse.  Nonetheless,
is there any collections that anyone knows of that contain relatively
harmless things that I can use to test with, that aren't designed
specifically for the purpose of testing (such as EICAR)?

    Thanks,
    Mike

--
The fd0man??The Magical Floppy Man! (fd0man at gmail.com)
?One world, one web, one program?  ?Microsoft promotional ad