[ale] SUSE Mplayer update, removes mplayer?

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Sat Jul 8 12:16:28 EDT 2006

On Sat July 8 2006 10:19 am, Dow Hurst wrote:
> The update procedure is not so clean now as many changes are
> happening between versions in the OpenSuse project. ?I would do a
> clean reinstall for a version upgrade now. ?The 8.x upgrades would
> work, and the 9.x upgrades would work. ?Going from 10.0 to 10.1
> really hosed my laptop up. ?I ended up starting over with a clean
> reinstall and am very happy. Dow

all I did was a YOU update, not a version update..
Actually, I think the problem happened when I did te smart update
( same as apt-get upgrade)

it found a dependency issue with mplayer and removed mplayer. I did an
upgrade the other day, it reinstalled mplayer, and all is well.

on my laptop I always do a new install, not upgrades.. The LAST one
being the Kubuntu 6.06 install, with  "the gangs" help at the ubuntu
install at Bills house. He helped install a bunch of goodies for us.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800