[ale] OT: Practical Colo Aggregate Outbound Rate

Michael Still stillwaxin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 01:20:39 EDT 2006

Is the data static or are you talking streaming dynamic data?  If it's
static then a service like akamai or cache fly may fit the bill.
Other than that you're looking at costly IP transit service.  Of
course akamai or cache fly may be expensive as well.  If you could
describe the data flow a little better then we can narrow it down more
probably.  Is this a burst of traffic or will it be continuous?

On 7/6/06, Jeff Hubbs <hbbs at comcast.net> wrote:
> How reasonable would it be (or, to put it another way, what would it
> take) to have a co-located server that is transferring an aggregate
> 120MB/s worth of data (i.e., actual material, not including packet
> headers) to Internet-connected machines all over the state of Georgia?

[stillwaxin at gmail.com ~]$ cat .signature
cat: .signature: No such file or directory
[stillwaxin at gmail.com ~]$