[ale] Converting GIFs to PDF

Vikram Nanda vikramnanda at exsculpo.com
Tue Jul 4 13:14:00 EDT 2006

Thanks Geoffrey.

The convert command works great. I am still in the process of
optimizing/sharpening/deblurring my PDFs with all the options.

I happened to come across another tool which uses imagemagick to convert
images to pdf - it is called PDFKreator
(http://www.kraus.tk/projects/pdfkreator/).

It uses a 3 step process gif to tif then tif to ps and then ps to pdf -
here is the output :

Starting PDF creation:
converting files to TIF:
convert p002.gif p002.gif.tif
Please wait...
Starting concat
Creating output Postscript
tiff2ps -2 -c -i 0 -p -x -y -z p002.gif.tif -O output.ps
Please wait...
starting tiff2ps now
Postscript file created
ps2pdf output.ps output.pdf
Please wait...
PDF file created
Cleaning up temporary file...
Finished: PDF created

The drawback with the current version is that the advances options don't
work.

For now I am satisfied with the command line as it provides me more
options and flexibility.

Thanks,
Vikram