[ale] FW: Software RAID1 rebuild after HDD failure (How to do?)

Ryan Fish FishR at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 3 10:46:24 EDT 2006

Added some info to what I sent earlier...

Is there any difference is doing what you show below and just using
"grub-install /dev/hdc3" as Geoffrey suggested?

Also, grub.conf is in both /boot/grub (md0, hdc1) and /etc (md2, hdc3) on
the box in question.  I'm assuming it should be in both on the replacement
drive as well.

Since the raidhotadd syncs everything from hda to hdc wouldn't GRUB
technically be installed at that point anyway?

Thank you.
-Ryan