[ale] grub with Linux and Solaris??

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Jan 31 13:21:15 EST 2006

Chris Ricker wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jan 2006, Geoffrey wrote:
>

>>Now Solaris uses grub, so I figured I'd be able to modify my SuSE grub
>>config to boot the Solaris.  With my SuSE install, I created a separate
>>/boot partition.  The only way I could get it to boot the Solaris was to
>>physically copy the kernel and module files that the Solaris grub config
>>points to, to my new /boot tree.  The original entries are as follows:
>

> Do it the other way around -- copy the Linux stuff into the Solaris grub
> setup

<great stuff retained but snipped...>

Thanks for the much needed info.  Next question:

If I install Solaris first, then Suse, Linux fdisk complains that the
partitions don't end on cylinder boundaries.

If I install Suse first, Solaris won't leave the existing partitions as
is, it wants to change them just a slight bit, causing the same problem.

--
Until later, Geoffrey