[ale] file sharing Linux to XP

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Mon Jan 30 15:16:24 EST 2006

ok, what is the easiest way to share file between my SUSE 10.0 Linux
desktop and my WinXP laptop. I am behind a Netgear wifi-router, so I
do have a little safety, if I have to turn off firewalls. This isn't
an all-the-time connection, just once-in-a-while to put files on the
laptop, linux->XP. I have a DVD burner on the laptop, only CD burner
on the desktop..
the XP box is Media Edition, if that matters..
samba?NFS? just FTP? I put vsftp on my box, but I can't seem to get it
running, I tried Samba, but I must have got the options wrong. XP saw
it, but I could never connect.. I know this isn't supposed to be that
hard!!! or point me to a how-to...

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800